Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art, combat sport, and a self defense system that specializes on grappling and ground fighting. BJJ believes that "size doesn't matter"...that a smaller, weaker person can successfully defend against a bigger, stronger opponent by using leverage and proper technique - most notably by applying joint-locks and chokeholds to defeat the opponent.
BJJ training is popularly used for sport grappling tournament (gi and no-gi) and mixed martial arts (MMA) competition or self-defense. This style of training has become immensely popular for people of all interests, whether for competition or to get/maintain great shape. Great health and impeccable fitness levels are attained when training in BJJ.
The Instructor is Professor Cardinal
Black Belt trained and certified Instructor, Professor Cardinal is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (also known as BJJ) Specialist, training in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu since 1994. Professor Cardinal has been influential as a pioneer of the Martial Art and Sport in Edmonton, contributing many hours to the development of athletes across Western Canada, with his focus on athletes in Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Professor Cardinal was Edmonton's 1st Black Belt in 2009 by famed Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Rodrigo Munduruca, Canada's most decorated Jiu-Jitsu competitor under the legendary Royler/Rolker Gracie. With 18 years of dedication to Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, Professor Cardinal uses his experience in BJJ to benefit individuals at all levels of training such as:
- top athletes in BJJ and MMA, training to achieve their dreams at elite level competition
- lifestyle individuals who train to keep their bodies in shape and their minds healthy
- self-defense - for those who train for health and safety in a world with crime
- inquisitive individuals who train to learn about BJJ and know more about the sport
- Professor Cardinal is a believer in all Martial Arts and how training the body also trains and disciplines the mind. He also holds a brown belt in Judo and has trained many years as a child in boxing. His knowledge in the sport has allowed him the privilege to compete as an athlete and now travel with contenders and corners them all over the world including events such as: PRIDE FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS, UFC, ELITE XC, and many more.
If you are interested in training with the best in Edmonton,
please call (780) 484-6524 or email us at email@example.com